To make the shopping experience of your customers as convenient as possible, you should provide different payment options in your online shop allowing customers to have a choice. “Pay with Amazon” makes this possible for your customers. The customers can easily log in with their Amazon credentials and use the payment and address information they previously used at Amazon to pay for goods in your eShop.
If you’re familiar with online shopping, you probably know the time-consuming part of the payment process: having to enter your address and payment information each time and provide card and billing details.
We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to use the online eCommerce system. There are over 300 million active Amazon accounts, meaning that there is a pool of customers who could access your online shop. This ensures the process is simplified as customers are familiar with Amazon’s payment process and there is the element of built-in trust. You also have the benefit of the entire process taking place directly on your businesses website, without having to be linked to a third party payment vendor.
How it works:
- Visit the shop administration of your 1&1 eShop, select “settings >> payment” and register for Amazon Payments. Install the free plugin “Pay with Amazon”
- After you completed the setup, the “Pay with Amazon” button is visible in the basket
- If you use the page element “shopping basket overview with all line items as box” in your shop, the “Pay with Amazon” button appears on every page as soon as the customer adds an item to the basket
- By selecting the button “Pay with Amazon”, the familiar Amazon log in is opened
- The customer can choose from all shipping addresses and payment methods t previously used with Amazon
- As a trader you submit the amount and after the transaction you receive a confirmation e-mail from Amazon the e-mail address of the customer as well as the postal address to process the order
- The pricing model is transaction-based: This means you only have to pay a small amount of money for every order paid via Amazon Payments – there are no monthly fees or advanced payments
In addition, many traders who use “Pay with Amazon” report a higher conversion in their shops. A convenient order and payment process keeps the customer coming back to your website because of the ease of use. Amazon Payments is included in all 1&1 eShop packages from the tariff “Basic”.
Step 1: Visit the shop administration of your 1&1 eShop and select “settings >> payment”
Step 2: Click “Payment methods” and select Amazon Payments. Then click “complete it” and follow the instructions on your screen
The original version of this post appeared on the blog of our partner ePages. There, you will also find step-by-step instructions how to set up Amazon Payments in your shop available for download.